Monday, September 16, 2013

It's official, I'm an eating machine!

WEll friends, it has been awhile since I last updated you all, and alot has happened!

      The most important thing is that after 7 months being deployed my Daddy made it home safe and sound.

           While he was away I was trying a few new foods. I think I told you last time that I had a successful food trial with beans. This means that from here on out I am able to eat beans in any form. I love Garbanzo pancakes and muffins (picture below)! Following beans I started eating bananas (ick) although it was considered a successful trial I am not a fan! Mommy tries to trick me by adding them into my pancakes, but I can tell the difference! So although I am allowed to eat bananas, I prefer not to.
         The next big thing that happened was that we moved to a new house! The best thing is that we live only half an hour from the Dr. instead of 3 hours! Mommy says this makes her life so much easier :)

          Shortly after my Daddy came home I started a new food trial with potatoes. I have already tried them once, but the Dr. suggested we try them with a new medication (I call it white medicine) and see if it made any difference. Fries, baked potatoes, hashbrowns, chips, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes! ahhh......I love potatoes!

      The next big think that happened was I started pre-K. I love it! I have so many friends and I get to bring my own snack! My favorite are wobbly chips (wavy lays) Everyone works really hard to keep me safe.




      Last week I went back to the hospital for another test. I don't really know what they do because I am asleep, but this time I was pretty scared. The Dr.'s are nurses are so nice. They blew bubbles and gave me a new toy to make me feel better. The Dr. is a place that I recognize well, and they know me too. This time I really wanted my Mommy to hold me until I went to sleep, I even cried a little. They let her :) And the results were GREAT!!! I passed with flying colors! I am now officially able to eat 3 different foods! A year ago I couldn't eat anything, and now I have 3 foods! How awesome is that.

Today we went back to the Dr. to get the lab results and find out what is next. The Dr. thinks soy would be good, I had a very slight reaction on the allergy tests and I didn't enjoy getting poked. So I will go back next week and will eat some soy at the Dr. office and see if it is ok. If I don't have any reaction then I will be on another food trial. In 6 weeks I will go back for another scope and we will start this whole thing over again.  But its ok, I am so lucky to have a Dr. who I love (really, I tried to kiss her but she just gave me a high five) food in my tummy,  and a family that loves me to pieces, what more could a boy want?!?



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm excited Jim is home and now Connor can have three foods! Yay! I miss you guys x x

    ReplyDelete